The 2020 Aberdeenshire Sports Council Awards evening will be held on Friday 13th March at The Venue, Garioch Sports Centre, Inverurie.
The 2020 Awards are sponsored and supported by LJF Coatings and Aberdeenshire Council.
Nominations are sought in several categories (see below or on form). The closing date for nominations is 14 February 2020.
Nomination Form to download
All nominees/clubs/teams must be residents of Aberdeenshire; be a student of parents living in Aberdeenshire; or coach, perform, volunteer, compete for an Aberdeenshire based Club or Team. All sports must be recognised by Sportscotland.
The following four awards recognise the sporting achievements of an individual at any level. Whether they have shown outstanding potential at a new sport, have achieved new personal bests or perhaps broken records. Achievements must have been reached in 2019
- Young Male Sports Person of the Year - This award aims to recognise the achievements of a junior male sports performer in 2019. (U18 at 01/01/20)
- Young Female Sports Person of the Year - This award aims to recognise the achievements of a top junior female sports performer in 2019. (U18 at 01/01/20)
- Male Athlete of the Year 18+ - This award aims to recognise the achievements of a top male sports performer in 2019.
- Female Athlete of the Year 18+ - This award aims to recognise the achievements of a top female sports performer in 2019.
- Coach of the Year - This award aims to recognise the dedication and achievements of a sports coach in 2019. Coaches in fully paid professional jobs are not eligible for this award (i.e. professional tennis/golf coaches, manager/coach of a professional football club,).
- Disability Sport - This award recognises the sporting achievements in 2019 of a sports performer, coach or volunteers with a disability in 2019.
- Team of the Year (Performance) - This award aims to recognise the achievements and commitment of a sports team in 2019. This award is open to teams at all levels.
- Club of the Year Award (Development) – This award aims to recognise clubs which apply: best practice; development and initiatives. This award is open to all clubs.
- Service to Sport - This award aims to recognise someone who has made an outstanding voluntary contribution to sport as administrator, coach, helper or official, over a number of years. Must not be a competitor or performer. (Please note that previous winners of this award are not eligible for nomination).